Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Ravioli in Sage and Butter Sauce

There are two things i love right now in the world.  This blog and Pinterest.  Why is this you ask?  Because of this blog I am being forced to expand my regular cooking routine and Pinterest is helping me do that.  I now base my meal planning around that.

Because of that, I found this wonderful recipe.  I did not really change anything other then the amount made.  Kinda perfect the way it was.
Ingredients:
  • 1 can of pumpkin puree (Make sure it is PURE pumpkin. NOT pie filling)
  • 4oz of cream cheese at room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon of cumin
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Wonton wrappers
  • 4 tablespoons of butter
  • a few sage leaves
Directions:
  1. Mix together the pumpkin, cream cheese, cumin, salt, and pepper.
  2. Lay out your wonton wrappers.  Place a teaspoon amount in the center of each one.  Do not put too much in.  If  you do, it will squish out when you seal them.

     3.    Wet the edges with water.  I had a small glass with water and I dipped my
             finger in it and then just  ran  my finger around the edges.  You want it wet,
             but not drenched.
     4.  Fold the edges over and press to seal.  Make sure you get a tight seal
          to ensure the filling stays inside.


     5.  Repeat until all are filled.  I doubled the original recipe.  This recipe
          should use the whole pack of  wrappers.

   6.  At this point if you have more then you and your family can eat you can freeze
        them.  Place some flour on the bottom of a pan and place the raviolis onto the 
        flour.  Place in the freezer.  Once frozen you can transfer these to a freezer bag.
   7.  For the ones you will be eating now, place them in boiling salted water for 2 to 3 
        minutes.
   8.  Melt the butter in a pan with the sage.
   9.  Cook JUST until the butter browns.  You do not want it to burn.
  10.  Toss with the sauce and contemplate removing the others from the freezer to eat
          right now.
Enjoy!

Recipe from Closet Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment