Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Broccoli & Cheese Souffle

Holy Moly Batman.  These are GOOD.  I found this recipe and I was planning on making them for Veronica.  They sounded good and all.  The minute we gave them to her she started INHALING them.  I made my husband try it.  Just because I wanted to try it and it was labeled as a baby food recipe on the site I found it on and well...I am picky.  He tried it and said it was good.  I gave it a shot and let me tell you this is SOOOO good.  True babies can eat it, but I bet you will eat them too!

Ingredients:
  •  1 cup of ricotta
  • 1 cup mozzarella
  • 1/8 cup parmesean cheese
  • 1 10 ounce package of frozen chopped broccoli (I used florets and chopped them up well) 
  • 2 eggs (or 4 egg yolks)
  • 1 teaspoon of pre-minced garlic (Best invention EVER)
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon of fresh basil, chopped
Directions:
  1. Thaw and drain the broccoli.  Make sure to get as much water out as possible.  I put mine between paper towels and smooshed it.
  2.  Preheat oven to 350F and spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
  3. In a bowl beat the eggs until foamy.  My hand mixer has a whisk attachment.  I used that.  It fluffed them up nice and quick.  You can also push down and make sure you get the stuff on the bottom foamy as well.
  4. Add the cheeses, pepper, and herbs.  I gave the mixture a quick beat with the whisk attachment again to mix it all together.
  5. Fold the broccoli into the egg/cheese mixture until just combined.
  6. Divide evenly in the muffin tins.  Mine filled all 12 holes halfway.
  7. Bake 20-30 minutes.  The original recipe said 20-25minutes.  I changed this a bit so mine had to stay in longer.  Mine went for 28 minutes.  From about the 20 minute point I would just keep an eye on them.
  8. Serve warm.  But I best these would be just as yummy chilled!

mmhmhmhmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment