Thursday, July 7, 2011

Carrot, Raisin, Pineapple Salad

I am OBSESSED with the carrot raisin salad at Chick-fil-a. Seriously. I dreamed about it when I was pregnant and couldn't have it. (Gestational diabetes=no fun carby foods) I just found this recipe last week and I knew I had to make it.

It isn't as rich as theirs is. No mayonnaise added, which will make my husband happy.

The main three ingredients are: carrots, raisins, and pineapple.



YUMMY! So...here is the recipe!
Makes about 6 side servings.

Mix in a large bowl:
1 bag matchstick carrots (10oz)
1 cup pineapple diced
1/2 cup raisins

In a separate bowl whisk together:
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon fresh pineapple juice

Once whisked add the oil mixture to the carrot mixture.

Then to the carrot mixture add:
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Toss well. Cover. Chill.
VIOLA!


3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious-I'll have to try it! Thanks for taking the idea seriously, your recipes are seriously drool worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at a number of recipes online but this is the one! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are SO welcome! Enjoy it! I think I need to make it this weekend again. :)

      Delete