Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Crushed Oreo and Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love Oreos.  I love Chocolate Chip cookies.  I have seen around online Oreos baked into a chocolate chip cookie.  The idea of that turned me off a bit.  I didn't want to crunch a big cookie inside a cookie.  So I got to searching and found this recipe!  SO GOOD!


Ingredients:
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 6 Tbsp. sugar
  • 6 Tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 and 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 11 Oreo cookies, broken/crushed
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet )
Directions:
1.  Put the cookies in a plastic bag, I divided them into two bags, and get a spoon.  

This is the fun part. Commence WHACKING!
2.  Once fully whacked, preheat the oven to 350F.  
3.  Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until well combined.
4.  Add egg and vanilla to mixture and mix well.
5.  In a medium sized bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt.  Mix well with a whisk.
6.  Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.  I did this in about 3 parts.  Mix until combined.
7.  Stir in Oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.

8.  Scoop cookies onto your cookie sheet.  I used my cookie scoop.  This is about
     a tablespoon size and the  greatest thing ever invented.  You get round cookies
     and uniform size which means uniform cooking time.  If you don't have one, you
     need one.

I got this one at Bed Bath and Beyond.
See how nice they look with the scoop?
9.  Bake for about 9 - 11 minutes.  You want them soft, but not too soft.
10.  Cool on the sheet for 2 minutes, then move them to a cooling rack.
ENJOY!!
Why yes, Nate is eating his off a wooden spoon dipped in his milk. Doesn't your 3 year old do this?


No comments:

Post a Comment