Thursday, July 21, 2011

Creamy Cilantro Chicken

This is seriously one of my favorite meals.  The sauce is HEAVEN.  Probably all the butter, cream, and cheese.  I found this recipe when I was pregnant with Veronica.  I had Gestational Diabetes and I had to find low carb recipes fast.  I really did not want to spend the rest of my recipe eating baked chicken, 2 crescent rolls and broccoli (that was basically my dinner for a week.)

When I found this recipe I was SO excited.  It is super low carb and the sauce is even wonderful the next day.  I am not a big leftover girl, but throw a dash more cream and butter in the sauce the next day, cook some chicken breast tenders to throw in it and you are golden!  When ever I make this I double to sauce part.  I am going to write the recipe the way I found it.  If you want more sauce, just double it!

Make sure you do have something to soak up the sauce.  We either have brown rice, like tonight, or rolls.  Either way you do it, you can't do it wrong!



Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
3-oz. pkg. cream cheese
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Juice of 1 lime (or 1 Tbsp.)
McCormick's Rotisserie seasoning to taste (or other no-sugar brand)
Salt & pepper to taste
3 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 cup chopped (fresh) cilantro


Please take note of how cilantro looks.  My husband bought parsley once.  Totally not the same.

Directions:
Heat your pan to medium and melt the butter.
Brown the chicken in the butter.
While browning season the chicken with the salt, pepper, and rotisserie seasoning.
(No set amount. Just to you liking. I LOVE the rotisserie seasoning so I am very liberal with it.)
Why yes, that is chicken browning in tons of yummy butter!
When I flip my chicken I typically add more seasoning.  
Again, season to your liking.

Once the chicken is browned remove JUST the chicken from the pan.
To the butter add the heavy cream and the cream cheese.
I find this part works best if you chop the cream cheese into small cubes. It just melts easier.
Then add the chopped cilantro and lime juice.
***Tip:  Roll the lime on the counter first while pressing on it.  You will get more juice this way!
Then add the chicken back, with any remaining juices on your plate.

Cover and cook over low for about 15 minutes.

Viola!  Dinner is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment