Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strawberry, Banana, SPINACH Breakfast smoothie

I guess you could have this at other times of the day.  I just drank mine, hence the name.  My good friend from High School, Erin Quarenski, posted a smoothie on Facebook the other day.  It looked so pretty. Nice and green and yummy looking.  So I decided to try to remake it. 

Did it turn out as pretty and green?

NOPE.  (I think I added too many blueberries and maybe it was the addition if the Whey Protein that did it.  But it still was yummy!)

FYI-You can not taste the spinach.  I can feel the fibrous nature in the smoothie, but it tastes like strawberry banana.

Ingredients:


BIG handful of spinach (I added more while blending too)
4 Strawberries
1 Banana
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits (big sale at the store.  I would have done fresh if I didn't have this)
1 scoop Whey Protein
Put it all in your blender/bullet/ what ever you have.
White powder is the whey protein.

Give it a good whirl.
Pour into a glass and
Smile.  You just consumed a good portion of you fruits and vegetables for the day!
Told you it wasn't that pretty.  But it tastes GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment