Sunday, July 24, 2011

Kale Salad...Also knows as YUM!

Not gonna lie.  Kale scared me a bit.  But I found a recipe on Hello Giggles and figured it looked decent enough so I would give it a whirl.

I changed it a bit to suit my needs.  I am VERY anti-fresh tomatoes.  I tried one today to "check it out".  The verdict?  Still nasty.  I added some to my husbands though, he likes them. 

I now present to you...Kale Salad!!


Ingredients:
Fun from the produce aisle!

Packaged Ingredients Needed

  •  1 large bunch kale, rinsed and chopped into bite size pieces
  • 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
  • 10 Greek Olives cut in half
  • 1/3 cup Sprouts
  • 2 avocados, peeled and cut into pieces.
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans
  • 3 tablespoons hummus
  • 1 large lemon
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 1/3 cup feta cheese
  • 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Directions:
  1.  In a small bowl whisk together hummus,  juice from the lemon, and the white vinegar.  Set aside.
  2. Place kale in a large bowl.  Add tomatoes, olives, sprouts, avocados, pecans, and feta.  Mix well.
  3. Add Olive Oil and toss.
  4. Pour dressing over the top and mix again.  Make sure to REALLY scrape the bottom of the bowl.  All my good stuff hid down there!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment