Sunday, May 20, 2012

White, well....TAN Velvet Soup.

I found an AMAZING recipe for white velvet soup.  A soup made from all white items essentially.  Check out the original recipe for all sorts of fabulous information on white foods.  I do not feel like totally copying them, since you know, plagiarism is bad an all. 
White Velvet Soup from Green Kitchen Stories  Also worth checking out since their WHITE Velvet Soup is white and not tan.

Why is mine tan you ask?  I shall tell you.  I used my roasted vegetable stock, which is DARK.  Therefore Tan Velvet Soup.  Oops on the color, but YIPPEE for the taste.

Let's get this started.
 

I tried to take a pretty picture, I did.  but I like natural lighting and well...it was NOT cooperating.
 Ingredients:
  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 2 medium onions
  • 1 head of garlic
  • 3 cups cooked lima beans (For the beans I soaked the whole bag over night and then cooked the all and froze my leftover beans)
  • 2 cups of water
  • 2 cups of roasted vegetable stock, or regular if you don't want to be a rebel
  • Juice from one lemon
  • Sea salt to taste
  • olive oil, for drizzling
  • paprika, for the end
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400F
  2.  Cut up cauliflower into bite-sized chunks. Peel and slice onions into chunks.  Peel garlic cloves.
  3. Place all veggies and garlic on a baking sheets and mix together.  Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt.
  4. Bake for ABOUT 30-40 minutes until it is caramelized and begin to brown.  For some unknown reason, when I bake things normally, it gets done ahead of time.  When I roast, it takes longer.  I was on the 40-50 minute  time frame.
  5. Now...you have options.  The original recipe says to put everything in a blender at the point.  My blender is not that large.  If yours is, go for it.  I used a hand held blender and did it in the pot itself.  Worked like a charm and less mess.
  6. If after blending it looses some heat, warm it back up on the stove.
  7. Drizzles with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment