Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tofu Scramble


Yummy breakfast today!  Tofu Scramble from the Quantum Wellness Cleanse book.  I made half of the recipe in the book.  Didn't want to make too much and have leftovers.  This amount was perfect for me and my husband.  I had mine with a side of fresh pineapple and raspberries.  The hubby had a banana.






Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 sweet onion cut into chunks
  • 3 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger (I used minced, the recipe called for powdered)
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/3 green onion
  • 1/2 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms (I HATE mushrooms, I can handle these)
  • 1/2 pound FIRM tofu, drained well and cut into bite size pieces
  • Tamari to taste (Soy sauce, but gluten free)
  • Ground pepper to taste
  • Fresh chives to taste, which I just realized I forgot to add
Directions:
  1. Heat oil in pan over medium heat.  Saute onions for about 5 minutes until softened.
  2. Add garlic, nutritional yeast, and spices.  Stir and cook for a minute.
  3. Add pepper and mushrooms.  Stir fry until cooked, not mushy.  Still crispy, but tender.
  4. Add tofu.  Stir fry for 3-4 more minutes.  Sprinkle with tamari and pepper and chives.

The original recipe makes 4 servings.  This is 2 servings.  Also the original calls for 4 chopped tomatoes.  If you want to add some, chop 2 and add to the pan when you add the tofu.  If there is anything I hate more than mushrooms, it is fresh tomatoes.  blech.

My fruit side dish, just because it was pretty.




No comments:

Post a Comment