Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Clean Eating Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

I LOVE cooler weather because that means OATMEAL!  I found a great blog with 100 oatmeal recipes.  I am going to be scrolling through there, trying them out, and posting my favorites.  The first one to be included is Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal.  

Yes, you read that right.  PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL.

And NO added sugar.  The only sugar comes from the PURE maple syrup.  Please do not top this with pancake syrup.  Not the same.  AT ALL.  Spend the $6, get a small bottle and once opened KEEP IN THE REFRIGERATOR!

This recipe makes a generous size.  I halved the original recipe that said it made 4 servings.  So, this will either make a very filling breakfast, or split it with someone!  According to the Quaker Oat site I made the correct amount for one serving.  


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup Oatmeal cooked, I used Quaker Instant, steel cuts oats would be fabulous!
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree NOT pie filling (VERY important)
  • 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, no sugar added
  • pecans for serving on top, I used pecan pieces
  • REAL maple syrup
Directions:
  1. Cook oatmeal to package directions.  If you are like me, I lost my box, so I included the link to the Quaker site for you.  It has cooking directions.
  2. If not using instant, stir in the pumpkin and pie spice about 5 minutes before it is finished cooking.  If using instant, just pour it in after it has cooked for a whole whopping 1 minute. 
  3. Sprinkle with pecans.
  4. Top with the maple syrup to your liking.  Pure syrup is really sweet.  Add SLOWLY.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment