Thursday, July 12, 2012

Egg-cellent Egg Salad

I am in NO way, shape, or form an egg salad girl.  My husband likes it.  I never have made it. I take that back.  I did make it once.  It just tasted like nasty mush to me.  Now.  I like hard boiled eggs, A LOT.  I dig mayo.  But something about the combination together was just plain icky.  So I never made it again.

Then one day I was on Pinterest.  Oh Pinterest.  You shall be the death of me.  

While I was on there I found a recipe for Avocado, Spinach, Egg Salad.  I like avocado.  I like spinach.  But I don't like egg salad.

So I saved the recipe as one of the 9,000 bookmarks on my computer.  This was months ago.

Yesterday I got brave.  REAL brave and I am SUPER glad I did.  This stuff is YUMMY!  Maybe it is the exclusion of the mayo that does it, or the addition of the yummy avocado, or the nice onion roll I put it on.  Either way...I am making this bad boy again!


  

Ingredients:
  • 7 large, hard boiled eggs
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt  (4oz)
  • 2 avocados
  • 1 stalk celery, chopped well
  • 1 cup baby spinach, chopped into small pieces
  • Red pepper flakes to taste, I like spice.  I had a heavy hand with this
  • Some form of yummy bread.  I used an onion roll
  • More baby spinach to put in the sandwich
Directions:
  1. Hard boil your eggs, cool, and peel.
  2. In a large bowl mash together the eggs and the yogurt.  Season with salt and pepper.  Set aside.
  3. In a second bowl, mash the avocados well and season with a bit more salt and pepper.
  4. Mix the avocado mixture into the egg mixture.
  5. Chop your celery and spinach.  Add to the mixture.
  6. Sprinkle on some of the red pepper flakes, if you want.
  7. On your bread put down a bed of the baby spinach and flop some of the egg salad on top.  Flop of course is a very technical term and should be used with only the greatest of care.  
Enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment