Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lemony Kale Pasta

I just signed up for my first CSA, Home Harvest,  this week!  I am really excited about all that I received.  The one I signed up for gives you to option to pick and choose what you want, so it is the perfect chance for me to try some new things!

Kale isn't a new veggie for me, but I just thought you would like to know what was going on in my kitchen.
I found this recipe on Annie's Eats and LOVE it.  So yummy.  I have had it a few times just to make sure I got good results every time and I did!  Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
 Ingredients:
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
  • ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (Confession-I used Kraft.  It was still awesome)
  • 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
  • Juice of 2 lemons
  • ½ tsp. red pepper flakes (I like heat.  Feel free to reduce this amount)
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 lb. penne 
  • 1 large bunch kale, rinsed and dried, stems removed

Directions:
  1. Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. 
  2. While you are waiting on the water to boil, make the dressing.  Mince the garlic cloves and sprinkle the minced garlic with ¼ teaspoon of the kosher salt. Smash the garlic into a paste with a fork or the side of a chef’s knife.  (Confession time!  I could not get this done to say my life.  I tried my hardest, but still had some lumps.  It was still good.  :)  Don't stress if you can't get it either.)  Transfer the garlic paste, or your attempt, to a small bowl.  Add in the Parmesan, olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and black pepper.  Whisk together until well combined.
  3. Cook the pasta in the boiling water according to the package directions.  Chop the kale into ½-inch ribbons.  Add the kale to a large bowl and toss with the dressing to coat well.  When the pasta is finished, drain well and let cool a minute or two.  Toss the pasta with the kale and dressing until well coated.  
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment